Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An idea for a new kind of game play concerning Repels.
Micloren/Mclaren here.

I have no issues with repels being used offensively.  This has been the case since the beginning of this game and brings fond memories of crawling out of a safe zone in warzone only to get repelled into mines by a cloaker that was waiting for my newbie self to fall for the trap.

However, i do feel PB thor kills to be more of an exploit of game mechanics than i do skill.  No doubt, it requires skill.  But, i remember on the old client death attaching through walls in warzone ... and that too required skill.  I also remembered that mines were stationary bombs. And exploiting that to lay as many mines as my heart desired... which also required skill.

It makes no sense to me that you can pb bomb yourself a million times over and never die.  But now (because i don't remember this being the case in the old client) you can do that a million times over ... fire a thor and kill the enemy next to you.  Going out on a limb here, but i think Jeff and Rod would of fixed that just like they did with stacked mines and many other things back in the day.  

My biggest reason for considering it more of an exploit is i've seen PB thors used in conjunction with lag many times.  Someone rockets in, gets in a gun duel, is about to die, but then shoots a thor.  Unfortunately for the guy about to die ... Mr. Rocketeer is now two inches away from him before the thor is actually received on his screen.  I've seen this to an even greater extent with mines.  Nothing like someone doing a fly by ... and is almost half a screen away before lag kicks in and blows you up because they laid a mine.

Messages In This Thread
An idea for a new kind of game play concerning Repels. - Micloren - 03-25-2014, 04:24 PM