Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We can revitalize this game with good marketing.
The issue is that there's so many facets to the overall problem that it's difficult to pin them all down and make a change.

One of the major problems is that this game is largely political behind the scenes. I have put in a strong level of effort with other individuals to do things like create a better website, a new SVS-settings zone that's easy to foster growth for newbies, etc and it's all been met with resistance. The guys in charge have a significant amount of influence on who can do what.

Another issue is what Bargeld called out. The source code and game title itself is in limbo and we don't know how far we can go pushing it into the market without Priitk coming out of nowhere to snuff it out. It's a product that has zero representation and an owner who can barely be bothered to reboot a server when it's gone down.

Another issue is the path which a newbie has to enter. Right now if you go and download the game there's a trick to get the zone list to come up because of the hacker garbage that went down a little while ago. Additionally, there's nothing stopping a newbie from entering trench wars first because people will gravitate towards the larger population. It's very difficult for someone to enter chaos and understand that a custom arena list is where pro practices occur.

I could go on and on but it's just so all over the place. I commend anyone for trying to tackle the problem but it's quite a bit of shenanigans to navigate.

Messages In This Thread
We can revitalize this game with good marketing. - Ozn - 07-11-2014, 05:45 PM